Saturday, December 1, 2012

Recipe 28: Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Bake

Despite being disappointed with the last chicken dish, I decided to make another chicken dish.  This one I enjoyed a lot more and I think was much better.

I am not sure exactly why I picked this recipe, but perhaps I was missing Tex-Mex food from Austin?

Here is the final result:


 And here is the recipe that I used: (link)

Ingredients



  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
  • 1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup whole kernel corn
  • 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • paprika
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. Stir the the soup, salsa, water, corn and rice in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the paprika. Cover the baking dish.
  2. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cheese. Let stand until the cheese is melted.

The Process

This was another simple recipe.  I started my mixing the soup, salsa, corn, and rice.


 I made a slight mistake and sprinkled that mixture with paprika. I was supposed to first top it with the chicken.

So I added the chicken and sprinkled it with paprika again.  More spices!

I cooked it for 45 minutes and when it was out I sprinkled it liberally with cheese.

Finally, I served it with a spinach salad.
 My favorite part of this meal was actually the rice.  I thought that it was really good mixed with salsa and corn, which kind of surprised me.  This was another simple recipe, but I enjoyed this one much more.

I realized that perhaps just making chicken dishes was a little too similar.  So my next few dishes are going to be different. I promise!


No comments: