Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Recipe 25: Swiss Chicken Casserole



 The next recipe that I made in Texas was a very simple Swiss Chicken Casserole.  I didn't really have any inspiration for this, but it looked good when I was looking for recipes.

I managed to forget to take a picture when I ate this, but is one from the recipe page:


 And here is the recipe that I ended up using: (link)

Ingredients



  •  6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  •  6 slices Swiss cheese
  •  1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  •  1/4 cup milk
  •  1 (8 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
  •  1/2 cup melted butter

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Arrange chicken breasts in the baking dish. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast. Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in a medium bowl, and pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with stuffing mix. Pour melted butter over top, and cover with foil.
  3. Bake 50 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

The Process

This was a really simple recipe, especially compared to many that I have made.  The first step was to lay out the chicken and the slices of swiss cheese.

 Next I poured the soup and milk mixture over the entire thing and spread it out.
 Finally, I covered it in the bread crumbs and drizzled the butter over it.
Then I cooked it.  I somehow managed to not get a picture of the final result of this recipe... but I really liked this.  It was really simple, but I thought the tastes combined really well, it almost reminded me of thanksgiving.

Since I made this while I was in Texas Sprinkles again was not available, but here is a picture of her playing with her water glass.


No comments: