Saturday, June 30, 2012

Recipe 15: Pizza Casserole

 The backlog of recipes continues.  Today I am gonna talk about this pizza casserole that I made a while back.  I've decided to put a picture of the end result at the top of the blog so that people can look and determine whether they would like to make it and thus not read the rest of the blog if it looks bad.

So here it is! Not that great of a picture, but .... oh well :).

The link to the recipe that I used is here, and the recipe is below as well.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
  • 1/2 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced pepperoni sausage
  • 16 ounces pizza sauce
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cook noodles according to package directions.
  3. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic and green bell pepper. Drain excess fat. Stir in the noodles, pepperoni, pizza sauce and milk, and mix well. Pour this mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, top with the cheese, then bake for 5 to 10 more minutes. 

The Process

So this was a pretty easy recipe and Sprinles was not really interested in it at first.  She just wanted to hang out on my friends amp since it was carpeted and new.  I guess she was marking her territory.
 

So I cut up the meat and put in the the skillet.  I used hot italian sausage for this.


Sprinks demanded that I open the kitchen window for her... then starred me down.

The meat finished and it was time to add the other stuff.

Sprinks finally realized that there was interesting stuff on the counter and so she came to sniff at it.

While that was happening I cooked the rice noodles and then once everything was done I mixed everything together and put it in the oven.

I took it out after 20 minutes and the result is below.

I then added the cheese and cooked it for another 7 minutes or so.

I thought that this was a good recipe.  It was easy and tasty.  Probably not the healthiest for you, but I combined it with an easy spinach salad to at least get some green veggies.  If I made this again I think I would increase the number of noodles that I used. It seems like there was a lot of meat and veggies to the number of noodles.  But it was quick to make, which is actually one of the reasons I picked it.

No comments: