I am not sure exactly why I picked this recipe, but perhaps I was missing Tex-Mex food from Austin?
Here is the final result:
And here is the recipe that I used: (link)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Stir the the soup, salsa, water, corn and rice in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the paprika. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cheese. Let stand until the cheese is melted.
The ProcessThis was another simple recipe. I started my mixing the soup, salsa, corn, and rice.
I made a slight mistake and sprinkled that mixture with paprika. I was supposed to first top it with the chicken.
So I added the chicken and sprinkled it with paprika again. More spices!
I cooked it for 45 minutes and when it was out I sprinkled it liberally with cheese.
Finally, I served it with a spinach salad.
I realized that perhaps just making chicken dishes was a little too similar. So my next few dishes are going to be different. I promise!