Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Madrid Evening Walk

So my companions are still zonked out, so I went for a walk to see what the neighborhood was like at night. It is an interesting place. I am not sure exactly how to describe it. I don't even think that pictures can do it.

The first place that I found was the museum of ham!!!! lol... not only was this a butcher shop, open at 9 PM, it was also a bar.

The Bar side: complete with video poker "Vegas Gambler"

The Ham side.... complete with... Ham? literally back to back.
Next I came upon a mcdonalds, which in this continent, is a young people hot spot as it was packed!

The menu was very different. They had things like the California Grill and the NY Thrill. lol.... no wonder its packed. Burger King on the other hand... was not. Just two doors down from McDonalds and ....

Their menu also appeared to be exactly the same. coincidence? Who knows.

There were lots of other little stores selling trinkets and sandwiches, etc. I am not sure I am cut out for the city life, but I managed. lol... the last picture.. they sell whole pigs here!

At least I think they do? It looked kind of fake?

No comments: